This will be a new, regular feature along with the Chop-n-Change mailbag and Chop Chatter. The idea is that every so often the Chop-n-Change staff will post their favorite baseball links. Most of these will be Braves related, others will be about our division rivals, and yet others will be about nothing in particular. Enjoy the first edition.
- Martin Gandy of Talking Chop has some great spring training interviews up -- they have been running for the past few weeks now and can be read here
- This Braves preview is a couple of weeks old but is pretty detailed. Some aspects are slightly irrelevant now the 25 man roster has been set
- AJC waxes lyrical about the Braves' spring as they go 18-12-2 ... would be nice if we could repeat that once The Show opens
- Its the AJC again. This time snippets with Braves players about their chances in the NL East.
- Check out the THT staff predictions. Don't shoot me but I had the Mets going to the World Series. Luckily they get beaten by the Red Sox in the Fall Classic. Oh, and the other good news is that the Braves with the division with the Mets taking the wild card. Crazy, eh?
- There is a ton of great stuff in the NY Times 2007 Baseball Preview. Worth reading, for sure.
- In the NY Times preview, Murray Chass picks the Mets for the division but with the Braves hot on their coat tails. Now there's a surprise from a NYC paper!
- Check out the Braves-Nation predictions; it tells you what a whole bunch of Braves fans expect to happen this season.
That's it for the time being folks.
Hard to believe, but the ball literally starts rolling tomorrow as the Mets take on the Cards in a re-run of the 2006 NLCS. Let's hope its a St Louis win.