With the signing of Jason Heyward, the Braves now have a couple of very tough descisions looking forward. In four years, who is going to be in the outfield? Francoeur, Heyward, Brandon Jones, Cody Johnson, Jordan Schafer, and possibly Brent Lillibridge if he is moved to centerfield would most likely be ready and we are assuming they will be. Johnson and Heyward both have experience at first but Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Kala Ka'aihue are also going to be in the picture. Schafer and Francouer can play in center and Jones looks like the only one that has the arm to play in right field leaving Heyward and Johnson delegated to left field. Here are their stats this year.
- Jeff Francoeur- .288/.328/.432 with 10 HR's, 58 RBI's, and 1 SB in 374 PA's (MLB)
- Brandon Jones- .292/.370/.490 with 13 HR's, 68 RBI's, and 12 SB's in 392 PA's (AA)
- Jordan Schafer- .318/.383/.534 with 10 HR's, 47 RBI's, and 16 SB's in 410 PA's (A & A+)
- Cody Johnson- .333/.396/.636 with 4 HR's, 14 RBI's, and 0 SB's in 73 PA's (RK)
- Brent Lillibridge- .268/.334/.372 with 6HR's, 26 RBI's, and 26 SB's in 366 PA's (AA & AAA)
- Jason Heyward- Has not played
Tell which you would trade, where you'd play them, who would be a backup, etc. Discuss, debate, and argue. Keep in mind strikeout rates and everything else that would affect them in the majors.
This is intended to start argument and debate. If you have an opinion post it and support it. If you disagree with someone, call them out on it. I want to spark some good Braves debate here. These three posts should hold you over until I can get on and put something up.