This guest post comes from JD Stuart, who last wrote for us a month ago.
With Spring Training comes a host of expectations for the upcoming season, some more realistic than others. I decided to step out on a limb and make some of my expectations known to the public. I'm more confident in some of these than in others, but I do think each has a substantial chance of happening.
10 predictions sure to be proven correct, unless they're not:
- Javier Vazquez will start the All-Star Game for the NL.
- Kelly Johnson will hit 20 homers.
- Rafael Soriano will pitch fewer than 10 innings for the season.
- Mike Gonzalez will sign a multi-year contract extension before the season is over.
- Yunel Escobar will win a Gold Glove.
- Chipper Jones will play over 150 games.
- Tom Glavine will have an ERA+ within 5 points of 100.
- Jair Jurrjens will have an ERA closer to 5.00 than to 4.00.
- Matt Diaz will hit .350.
- The Braves will finish with a winning record but miss the playoffs.